TRN Central Podcasts
Enjoy these Free Talk Radio Network Podcasts!
For Full Commercial Free Podcasts, Visit your favorite TRN Host website for details.
What is Podcasting?
Podcasting is a method of publishing media such as audio or video, to the Internet, allowing users to subscribe to a feed and receive new files automatically by subscription instead of going online each time you want to look for new episodes.
How do I subscribe to the Podcast?
You will need to download and install Podcast subscription software to your computer.
Then copy and paste the URL for your podcast into the software.
We recommend using iTunes for your Podcast, iTunes is free for PC and Mac and can be downloaded here:
What is the advantage of Podcasting?
Subscribing to the Podcast allows you to listen to the program when and where you want to. Even streaming may prove difficult because you have to be at your computer to listen to the program, which means you can't listen to the program in your car, on the bus, on the train, or sometimes even at your office (system administrators sometimes restrict streaming audio because it eats up bandwidth).
Do I need an iPod to Podcast?
No, you do not need an iPod to Podcast or even use iTunes. All of the podcast files are encoded as mp3 files, the most universal format for listening on various devices. You can listen to each podcast using almost any computer application: iTunes, Windows Media Player, Real Audio Player, WinAmp, and many others. If you like, you can burn the files to a CD so you can listen in your car or at home on your stereo. You can also transfer these files to any portable media device like the iPod or other mp3 players - and now even mobile phones.
Setting up your Podcast in iTunes
1. Download iTunes to your computer (PC or Mac).
2. Install iTunes on your computer.
3. Once installed, open the iTunes player.
4. Go to and log into the site with your account information.
5. Click on the Podcasting page to find your Podcast URL. You can click on the iTunes Podcast button, then a window opens and click on "Click here to get your personal podcast link" to have it automatically subscribe to the Podcast.
If it does not automatically open iTunes and subscribe your podcast:
1. Click on "Podcast Feed Available Here", a new window opens, then click on "Click here to access your personal Podcast link".
2. Then in the address bar of the browser window, highlight and copy (right-click copy) the entire address in the address bar (it's long).
2. Then go to iTunes and in the horizontal menu at the top, click "Advanced".
3. After the drop-down menu displays, click on "Subscribe to Podcast...".
4. In the URL prompt box, paste the URL you copied (right click in the box and select paste).
5. Hit OK and you have successfully subscribed to your Podcast.
Once the Podcast initially updates, you can click on the triangle located next to the Podcast in iTunes, this will display the files available for download.
iTunes Podcast Management
Automatic Episode Downloads
Once you subscribe to a podcast, you get the most recent episode — and all future episodes — delivered directly to your iTunes podcast playlist. Download past episodes by just clicking the Get button. You can have iTunes check for new episodes immediately by clicking the "Refresh" button in the lower right-hand corner of the podcast section.
Subscribe to any podcast by dragging its URL into your podcast playlist or by choosing “Subscribe to Podcast” from the Advanced menu and typing the URL.
Open iTunes preferences to customize your podcast download settings. Check for new podcast episodes hourly, daily, weekly, or manually. Automatically download every episode or just the most recent ones. Keep all your episodes, delete them after you play them, or keep a specific number based on release date.